If it doesn’t have a crust, can I even call this a quiche anymore? Is a quiche defined by an egg-dish containing a crust? Is this just a delicious baked egg and vegetable and meat dish now?
This is a bomb breakfast ‘idea’ that you can get creative with, and a stellar way to work in a load of veggies.
Easy Crustless Quiche (Grain-Free, Dairy-Free)
- 8 Whole Pastured Eggs
- 1 Cup Organic Tomatoes, cubed
- 1/2 Cup Organic Onion, diced
- 1/2 Cup Organic Green Peppers, diced (this is just over 1/2 a large green pepper)
- 2 Cups Organic Spinach or Arugula, roughly chopped
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Uncured Bacon (optional) (You can also use whatever leftovers you have in the fridge. Chicken? Sure. Turkey? Sure. This recipe does not need to be followed exactly)
- 1 tsp Organic No Salt Seasoning Herb Blend (Or whatever herbs you like. Toss some rosemary in, some chilli flakes, fresh parsley, cilantro etc.)
- 2 pinches Pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 Cup Non-dairy, Unsweetened Milk Substitute (I like coconut milk personally)
- 1/2 Cup Organic Feta Cheese, crumbled (This makes it no longer dairy-free, of course!)
Makes some delicious leftovers. Can be re-heated (covered in oven for 10min at 350F) or even enjoyed cold.