Simple and delicious (my favourite combo), this grain-free, dairy-free, nut-free, paleo recipe is sure to be enjoyed by all.
This recipe uses coconut flour, a superfood grain-free baking alternative that’s simply dried, ground coconut flesh. Coconut flour is high in fibre, protein and healthy fats. It’s also low in sugar, digestible carbohydrates and calories, and has a low score on the glycemic index* (*this means it won’t make your blood sugar spike and crash!).
Muffins can be prepped and baked within 30min, but they’ll likely be gobbled up much quicker than this.
Enjoyed this recipe? Send some love in the comments below.
Be sure to follow along with me on Instagram too! @laurafranklin #freshandfrank xx
Grain-Free Choco Chip Banana Muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large pastured eggs
- 1/4 cup melted virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 2 medium sized ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/2 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips or chocolate chunks (optional, but recommended)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 12 cup muffin tin with virgin coconut oil (or grass fed butter, or ghee).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a smaller bowl, beat together the eggs, coconut oil, honey, mashed bananas, and vanilla with a fork.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat with a hand mixer on medium speed for about one minute or until well combined. If you don't have a hand mixer, just stir together very well.
- Stir in the dark chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter evenly into 12 muffin cups and sprinkle some coconut flakes on top, if you wish (I did this, it looks pretty).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slather on some grass fed butter and enjoy!