Simple and delicious (my favourite combo), this grain-free, dairy-free, nut-free, paleo recipe is sure to be enjoyed by all.
This recipe uses coconut flour, a superfood grain-free baking alternative that’s simply dried, ground coconut flesh. Coconut flour is high in fibre, protein and healthy fats. It’s also low in sugar, digestible carbohydrates and calories, and has a low score on the glycemic index* (*this means it won’t make your blood sugar spike and crash!).
Muffins can be prepped and baked within 30min, but they’ll likely be gobbled up much quicker than this.
Grain-Free Choco Chip Banana Muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large pastured eggs
- 1/4 cup melted virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 2 medium sized ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/2 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips or chocolate chunks (optional, but recommended)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes for topping (optional)