Grain-free, dairy-free, nut-free, and paleo, these moist muffins pack a flavourful punch of orange, ginger, coconut, and carrot! Mmmm. Seriously like carrot cake here. Try them. Don’t be intimidated by the longer than usual ingredient list– it’s mostly just spices! Awesome for travelling or snacks on the go!
Grain-Free Orange Coconut Carrot Muffin Recipe
- 2-3 carrots, shredded/grated (approx.1.5 cups worth)
- 1 cup cassava flour (I use Otto's Cassava Flour)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- about 1 tsp fresh orange zest (use an organic orange) - don't have a zester tool? You can just finely grate off the peel.
- The juice from 1/2 an organic orange. You can just squeeze it with your hand if you don't have a squeezer.
- 2 organic eggs, whisked
- 1/4 C. organic virgin cold-pressed coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1/4 C. organic raw coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp organic maple syrup (can be optional)
- 1/2 C. coconut milk
- 1/4 C. unsweetened, dried shredded coconut - large flakes if possible
- 1/4 C. dried currants