This recipe is 100% from scratch, and really not that complicated to put together…how cool is that? It’s really really yummy and warming and is especially nice on a cooler fall or winter day. If you haven’t ventured into the bone broth or homemade coconut milk world yet, you can replace those with an organic chicken stock and 2 cans of organic coconut milk + water to equal 6 cups (if you must). Otherwise, give it a shot as I’ve directed, as it is more nutritious and contains no preservatives this way.
This recipe makes a large pot of curry, suitable for 2-4 people with leftovers. It tastes awesome the next couple days so eat it for dinner and then bring it for lunch!
Simple Spicy Coconut Curry Recipe
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp organic garam masala dry spice blend (typically cumin, coriander, cardamom, black pepper, cinnamon and clove)
- 2 tbsp organic curry powder
- 1 pinch of cayenne
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 serano pepper, finely diced
- 1.5 cups homemade chicken bone broth
- 6 cups homemade coconut milk
- 2 tsp Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- About 4-6 cups lightly steamed veggies of choice; I like to add broccoli, cauliflower, green or red peppers, mushrooms zucchini and squash (spaghetti or acorn) but this is entirely up to you!
- 1-1.5 cups cooked organic chicken, chopped or pulled