I love turkey burgers because you can make and cook them super quickly and they’re very versatile. Turkey (organic) is a delicious source of high quality animal protein and you can flavour the burgers with anything you like, really. Apple and sage are a delicious, classic combo when it comes to turkey, so I’ve decided to use that today (inspo: my beautiful mom).
Side note: I’ve been making turkey burgers for a long time, but haven’t taken the time to actually write down a recipe. Fail. I’m such a “dash of this, pinch of that” kinda girl, but then I can never totally replicate what I just had. And what if it was AMAZING? Not to brag, but it usually is… and then I can’t make it exactly the same ever again. Sadness.
Tears aside, today I decided I would actually write down the recipe for what I was throwing together, so here you go. And yes, they were amazing. Plus they’re gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, and can be egg-free. WIN.
Without further adieu, here is my recipe for Apple Sage Turkey Burgers:
Apple Sage Turkey Burgers Recipe
- about 1 lb ground organic turkey
- 1 cup shredded/grated apple
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 egg* (*just omit this if you can't have eggs, they'll still be fine)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Form into burgers of desired size by hand and cook on a hot oiled pan (I like cast iron) or BBQ.