Confession: Me looooove cooooookies (**say in Cookie Monster voice in your head please**).
But being a Holistic Nutritionist and all, you know… it could get a little sketchy with the cookie thing. Fortunately, these are cookies that I can support. I mean, sure, there’s still sugar in them, so don’t eat all 12 at once, but they do have a poop-ton of healthy fats from the coconut and coconut oil, no gluten and zero dirty stuff, ESPECIALLY if you make them with all organic ingredients.
Plus, they’re QUICK and EASY to make; 2 requirements of mine. Oh and also REALLY delicious, that’s a third requirement, obvi.
I’ve messed around with various oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipes over the years, but this one is the bees knees.
So give these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies a try, and ENJOY!
Simple & Delicious GF Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour* (*OR, organic brown rice flour, OR simply ground up oats to make oat flour. They are all slightly different but still good.)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Organic Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 cup Unrefined Organic Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1/4 cup Grassfed Butter or Ghee, softened (If you wish do omit butter, use 3/4 cup coconut oil)
- 1/2 - scant 3/4 cup Organic Coconut Sugar (Depending on sweetness tolerance, mine is low)
- 1 Large Organic Pastured Egg
- 2 tsp real vanilla extract (if you don't have this you can leave it out and they're still good)
- 1 cup Organic Unsweetened Coconut Flakes (I have used both the fine shreds and flakes and I'm loving the flakes)
- 1/2-3/4 cup Organic Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut or Almond Milk