Finally, a simple, moist, vegan banana bread recipe that’s clean and delicious! Being a vegan
recipe, it’s egg-free and dairy-free but also grain-free, soy-free and nut-free!
Buckwheat, which has no relation to actual wheat, is a not a grain but a fruit-seed. This makes it a great gluten-free option and that’s high in protein and fibre to boot! Buckwheat flour is more dense than wheat flour and has a delicious nutty flavour that works well in banana bread. Give it a shot the next time you have some really ripe bananas that need a home.
Vegan Buckwheat Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 & 3/4 cups organic buckwheat flour
- 2 heaping tsp cinnamon
- 2 heaping tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Celtic or Himalayan Salt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar, maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 4-5 large very ripe bananas, mashed (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (or non-vegan version: grassfed butter or ghee, melted)
- 2 tsp real vanilla extract
- Optional extras: dairy-free chocolate chips, pecans, walnuts... yum